- The Orbit scanner has an engineered “:sweet spot”: to optimize scan performance and first pass read rate.
- Retail operations can protect their POS investment with free firmware updates via MetroSet 2 software and a standard PC.
- A built-in RF EAS antenna (Orbit 7180 scanner only) increases efficiency by simultaneously deactivating RF EAS tags and decoding barcodes.
- A 20-line scan omnidirectional pattern provides aggressive scanning as an additional benefit to hand presentation applications.
- An adjustable scan head enables users to tilt the scanner 30°: for targeted scanning of larger products.
If you’re a retailer in need of an affordable, yet aggressive omnidirectional scanning solution that’s aesthetically pleasing to boot, the Honeywell Orbit series is tough to beat. Orbit series scanners maximize your customers’: satisfaction and employees’: efficiency with a patented 20-line scan pattern, an easy-to-find sweet spot and a scan speed of 1,120 scans per second. The Orbit series features an award-winning design that’s compact, lightweight and rugged. Its shape enables handheld scanning of large, bulky items. And for added flexibility, the scanning head can be tilted within a 30 degree range to accommodate objects of various sizes and shapes. The scanner’s expanded ability to update its firmware via Honeywell’s free patented MetroSet™:2 configuration software safeguards long-term infrastructure commitments in the event of a change in the POS system or software.